Home Health Aide
Location: Merced, CA | Los Banos, CA | Mariposa, CA
Under the general supervision of the Office Manager. Provides personal care and support services to clients in a Comfort Keepers established Personal Care Program.
Minimum of ninth grade education; high school diploma or GED preferred. Must demonstrate satisfactory completions of any stated mandated training. Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Livescan DOJ & FBI Criminal Background Investigation, Moto Vehicle Driving Record, Credit History, TB Clearance, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and give permission to submit to drug and alcohol testing as the state law allows. Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality. Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program prior to being placed with a client. Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided. Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.
- Performs duties as assigned on the personal care Service Plan.
- Assists the client in assisting with activities of daily living by providing any of the Comfort Keepers approved personal care activities including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene, and/or ambulation.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens and changing the bed.
- Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes, and kitchen clean-up.
- Assists the client with ambulation/transfers as specified in the Plan of Care.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Will report suspected cases of abuse, neglect and exploitation, per agency policy and California regulations.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Client home setting and automobile. Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
Position Physical Demands:
The work requires moderate physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting clients in transfer activities and ambulation, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, and hear, reach, kneel, and crouch. Lifting only up to 25 pounds is permitted and may be required.